Wednesday, 18 June 2008

After a couple weeks of not child minding in the morning this has started again this week. i try to find something fun to do for one of the 3 mornings and this week it was making these fun faces. Liam wants to make a girls face and named it after the girl I care for 3 mornings a week, and Steven well he comes up with some funny names, and he has called his facey. So they had fun making them and want to make another one tomorrow.

Pick up the scholastic book club from school today...these are going away in the present box for Steven for his birthday and Xmas. This is his latest addiction at the moment anything I Spy and you have his attention, Where's Wally is the next best thing to I Spy. I was a bit sad once I had left school as it was play time and I saw Liam sitting on his on his classroom step by himself just watching the kids playing. I asked him today who he played with at school and he said he was just sitting on the step waiting for Steven so he could play with him. I do hope he will find his own friends soon.

Today while out and a bout I found some more paper with swirls on..I have already started a layout with this swirl cut out.

So after popping in to Janine's blog over the last couple of weeks and seeing all the decluttering and clean she has been doing I'm now motivated to get my house sorted out....so starting off small I got this wooden container from the warehouse painted then painted some chipboard letter and stuck them on. Then I got some plastic containers from the $2 shop and then sorted the boys pens, pencils, felts and crayons so this looks alot better than the mess they were in before hand.

I also got these containers from the warehouse....after getting the latest Creating keepsakes magazine and seeing some ribbons in jar I liked the look of them and thought I would give these a try and I really like the affect, so will grab a couple more next time I'm in town again

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the wee faces there. Liam will find a special friend or three soon. As for the decluttering love what you did with the wooden container, that looks awesome Alison. Those jars are devine. Great job on your decluttering.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Liam will find some friends soon. It's heartbreaking though when they say they didn't play with anyone. At Ethan's school there is a "Friendship" tree where kids know they can go at playtime if they need someone to play with. I think it's such a great idea.

I love the organisation of the boys' pens & felts, looks great! And I love ribbons in jars ... I have 8 jars of them!

Anonymous said...

Its a bit addictive - all this decluttering and tidying up isn't it. Love the wooden container and at least they are all in one place and easy to pack away. The ribbons look great too.

Perhaps with Liam - is there anyone in his class that he sits next to or talks to that maybe could come and play after school. Even if the Mum comes for a coffee at the same time. We did this with Aaron and it worked as I was already friends with the Mum and the boys would fight and argue all the time. To this day they are still in the same class and the best of friends. They also play at the weekends as we are just round the corner from them. Good luck to Liam.