Saturday, 5 January 2008

Life in 2008


Well I must say that the start of this year has just been great. After the last 6 months of 2007 I was so ready to just move on and start a new year. And it seems that it has been just what I needed. You know that feeling you have when something is new and its all very exciting and you just dont want things to stop feeling like that, thats how I feel and it feels great. Its been some time since I have felt like this. The past is truley left in the past now and Im so ready for 2008, this is my year its going to be great. Meeting new people, my baby Liam (well I guess at nearly 5 hes not really a baby is he) is off to school, a new teacher for Steven at school and a new happy me. All these things are new challenges in our life and I cant wait for them to happen. Im really going to miss having Liam at home with me and at the end of next month he will be off to school. Im sure he is more than ready for school, me I not so ready. It doesnt seem that long ago that he was a new born baby in my arms. Steven....well after being at school for 2 years this year gets a new teacher. Im looking forward to having a new teacher for him but it also has new challenges. But this year I thought before school starts I will write a bit of background information about Steven and his autism for his teacher so that hopefully it will help her to understand him and his needs better, heres hoping anyway. So what will I do with myself once I have no kids at home? I would like to find a part time job but not straight away, I want liam to get settled into school first. I want to get heaps more scrapbooking done and hopefully catch up with all my photos, although I really dont think that will ever happen. And finally me....this year Im living day to day, not stressing as much about the small stuff. Love...lets hope that happens and will last, happiness...enjoy each day, make the most of what I have and just have fun.

Quotes are great at them moment, they seem to just describe life so well at the moment and I have started a book to write my favourite ones in them to use for scrapbooking. So I will finish of with a few of my favourite ones

* To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
* A child reminds us that playtime is an essential part of our daily routine.
* I've got all my life to live, I've got all my love to give - I will survive.
* Knowledge of what is possible is the beginning of happiness.

I wish everyone a happy 2008. Im off now to get some more scrapbooking done.
Look what just arrived in the mail today, Im so excited this is a very new album for me to get creative with(so much for the use what I have and stop buying new stuff plan). I got the idea form Ali Edwards website andI am going to use this the same way she did for a xmas album. If you click her webiste link on my blog and have a look, it looks like a fun album to do and I cant wait to get started

2 comments:

Vicki said...

2008 sounds like its going to be an awesome year for you all with lots of new things happening. Good luck with it all. Look forward to seeing what you do with the new album.

Alison said...

thanks. Not sure on how to start on the album yet. i think i will do it as a xmas one so i think for a few months i will jsut collect bits and pieces for it