Wednesday, 28 May 2008

Wednesday catch up

Not alot has been happening around here. I thought I would share some photos of the boys and their cousin Jacqueline from the other weekend of what they did while I was out shopping. They had a very busy day with a big walk on the farm(and throught that jungle as Liam calls it). Then they found another slide which the kids really enjoyed. I wasnt at all surprised when I saw the photo of Steven on grandads back because he was tired(he had been up since 3am that morning). Then it was off to the shearing shed where they jumped into the container of wool(and on the way home they were so gross and smelly)but they had lots of fun. Then it was off to the beach where they went crab hunting and long jump over the small stream.
Through the jungle

King of the hill

Tired Steven(poor grandad having to carry that big lump)

Wool fun

Crab hunting

Long jump


Well Steven is going to have a very long day at school today after a very short sleep last night not going to sleep till 11ish last night, then he was awake again at 3am. I dont knwo why or what makes him have so much energy so early in the morning. He had a friend over after school yesterday and they palyed really well which was good as I was a bit worried. They play a board game and then the friend wanted to go and do something else but Steven wanted to play the game over and over and over...but on the bright side he played the game with the games rules and not his rules. So I dont know if he was just over excited from that or he was just ahving one of his nights where he thought 4 hours sleep was enough for him. For me thought I need alot more sleep so I had a nap this morning after dropping the boys at home. I let Stevens teacher know that he may be a bit tired and/or grumpy today and told her what he was up to last night, so it will be interesting to see how his day went. I did think about keeping him at home to catch up on sleep but then Im sure we would have more sleepless night so he can get off school. So it was off to school for him, fingers crossed he will sleep well tonight.

7 comments:

Trace said...

What a magical place for the kids to all explore. Bet Grandad was a bit tired too!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kids had a wonderful time exploring and playing together. Yay for Grandad getting out there and joining in, I bet he loved it too.

Anonymous said...

That is such a fabulous place for kids to play and explore - they are very lucky.

Hope the sleep thing gets sorted for Steven - can't be fun for anyone!

Anonymous said...

those are the sorts of days that children will remember, this is what being a child is about, exploring the jungle, gettnig muddy and dirty and smelly.

Anonymous said...

I love to read how much you show up in life as mum!!! Awesome Alison.

Anonymous said...

OMG honey you must be shattered, I hope that Steven has a good day at school and that he crashes tonight and you can have a nice quiet one.

LOVVVVEEEE the pics and what a cool grand-dad I love the idea of playing in the wool that sounds like so much fun - even to me all grown up LOL

Anonymous said...

Looks like the kids are having fun. My boys would love it. Not so good for Steven not sleeping and not a fun day at school I bet. Take care!