Sunday, 18 May 2008

Friday Night Challenge

Okay here is my Friday night challenge, this weeks recipe for the challenge was
Numbers-the date at the bottom of the arrow
Polka dots-using bubble wrap I inked it first and then pushed the arrow and journalling piece of paper onto it, leaving a bubble like patter(well I thought so)
Ribbon-on tag

Well as alot of you already know Meg owner of Scrapbooking Essentials is closing shop at the end of this month. I have only been apart of the website for 5 months, but in that time I have made lots of new friends. The challenges from SE have given me so much inspiration to scrapbook out of my comfort zone. It was a shock when i read that Meg is closing shop, but I can totally understand her reasoning for doing so and kids are little for such a short time and she needs to make the most of that time with them. Shame she is so far away, I would have put my hand up to help her out with whatever to keep things going so that she could have the time to be with her kids without having to close shop.

On a happier note I'm so proud of Steven and all his extra effort he has been putting in this month. Friday at school assembly he got a certificate for 'Improved effort in Room 6 and completing his school work and homework. High 5 Steven.' The high 5 is something Stevens teacher start with him for when he did great work which he just loves and its great motivation for him so I had a little giggle when i saw she had written it on his certificate. Liam says that a funny think to write on a certificate,LOL. So here is photo of Steven and his certificate and pen that he got, I asked him to smile and this is his smile,LOL.

5 comments:

Trace said...

Don't you just love it when they go through that 'funny' smile stage! Good idea with the bubble wrap.

Anonymous said...

hey I like how you did the bubble wrap that was what I was going to do until I found some polka dots. Great work Steven.

Anonymous said...

Great take on the challenge - and great use of the kit! The bubble wrap "polka dots" work well.

And well done to Steven!!!

Anonymous said...

Great work Steven - love the High Five idea. What a great smile.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic Ethan!!!
Cool layout Alison.