Sunday, 6 April 2008

A weekend of scrapbooking

Today seems to just go on and on. The boys have been really good playing nicely together today. At the moment they are on the sofa looking at the I Spy books trying to find each object first. yesterday I was in Hamilton at my cousins 21st birthday so I didn't get alot of scrapbooking done during the day but had a bit of a late night and finished the rest of my Friday night challenge done for SE, which was to do an of the page project.
Liams mini coaster album, all the pages together.

I really like the end result with the edges sanded and just using a cut out photo and foam tape under the top part of the photo just to give it a bit of a 3D look.



The other of the page project that I have been working on is a tin each for the boys. The idea came from an autism newsletter that I got via email. The basic idea was from ways to cope with your autistic child(but of course the idea is great for any child) and it was something to make you smile on the hard days. So it was that when ever your child said a new word or said something funny write it down on a piece of paper and put it in a shoe box, then when things are really bad or your having a bad day then you can sit down with the shoe box and read all the funny/good things you have written about your child. So I thought I don't really want a shoe box and had these tins from some Maya Road stuff I had got, so I painted them up and put the boys names on them and then made some small cards with a bit of doodling on them inked the edges and put some in each of their tins. When ever the boys say something funny or just something I want to remember I can get their tins out and write it down. I went through my diary as there were a few things in there that I had written down. I hope it all makes sense.


We went over tot he warehouse this morning and I found this box which was less than half price and thought it would be perfect for all my foam stamps to go into, not too sure if I really like the butterflies but it will do for now.


Steven lost a tooth yesterday while he was at his Dad's. I asked Steven if it came out while he was eating he said no I wiggle and wiggle it and it just popped out, LOL.

7 comments:

Mrs Frizz said...

You have been very creative, love the coasters and the idea for sayings to go into tins.

The toothless look - how precious!!!

Anonymous said...

The coasters are just way cool - love them -have to steal the idea :O)

Anonymous said...

The coasters look absolutely amazing, I am impressed ... you should definitely submit those to a magazine! Really awesome idea.

Trace said...

The coasters are awesome Alison. And gotta love Steven and the tooth - how can you not keep wiggling a wiggly tooth?!!

Anonymous said...

Cool coasters! And I love the tin idea too.
Love the gappy look of Steven, very cute!

Anonymous said...

You have been so busy, and such gorgeous work. I love the coaster album, and the tin idea is superb, I have a few of those tins around too, may have to borrow the idea!

Anonymous said...

Loved the coaster album that was funky, and those maya rd tins are so good for altering, great idea for those bad hair days.