Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Mum and Tanya

Don't fall over in shock about me posting for the 3rd time in one week will you,LOL.

Well as normal every morning has a routine of getting up turning computer on while that starts up I get the boys and myself breakfast, after breakfast I check my emails. This morning there was a lovely surprise email there for me my old pen pal Jennifer. My first letter I got from her was in 1990 and I still have all the letters which i kept together in a box that I decorated. We wrote to each other for over ten years then started emailing. November 2003 was the last email I got from Jennifer until today. Its so wonderful to be in touch with her again and I look forward to catching up with her about the last few years.


So I have decided that I'm going to do the 365 album this year-thanks MandyB and I have been taking some photos that will fit into the first few days that ihave missed and have a journal to write down notes and bits and pieces so that things are ready for when my protector pages are ready-thanks Kate at CraftyTart so here is one of my photos for this. In the middle of term 4 at school Liam stubbed his toe. He showed me and told me it was sore but he didn't cry and that was that. A week later I noticed the nail was black and not looking that great so took him to the doctors and he had an infection and we were told that the nail would most likely fall off. So it went really black and then it seem to be fine and healing okay. A few days ago however the nail has started to come off and now our nightly routine includes putting this dressing on it so that the nail doesn't get hooked on his sheet and ripped off. Now I'm being nice and just showing the bandaged toe and not bare tow with nail coming off.

Right I'm off now to sit down with a plate of pudding and read through some of these letters from Jennifer. have a good night everyone

5 comments:

Time to relax said...

YAY i feel speical im even in the heading of this post haha....yes everyone i was lucky enough to have to have a photo of the toe (for scrapbooking purposes - of course) on my camera since my new cmaer takes wonderful photos of close up things...mmm lucky me???? im so going to do this 365 chanllenge to, sounds like fun it think

Trace said...

Poor boy! Neat news about you and Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

love the sounds of the letter/e-mail writing friendship... so special.. hope the toe heals and YAH for doing the challenge (365)with me

Anonymous said...

That's a lovely surprise, to get an email from your penpal! It's such a neat relationship to have with somebody. I have a penpal, Kate. We started writing to each other when we were about 11 years old. Still email & Facebook each other today! She's stayed here a few times over the years too, inbetween travelling the world!

Sorry to hear about Liam's toe, I hope it heals up soon.

Mrs Frizz said...

Yep, the nightly ritual will keep the young fella happy - cos trust me on this one - he would not be a happy camper if that nail was to catch itself in his sheets ... doesn't bear thinking about really - yee-ouch!!!!!

On the penpal front ... I'm still in contact with a penpal [more spasmodic now - but still in contact] with a guy in Belgium - wait for it ... 30 years ago, next year ... scary that's it that long ago.