Tuesday, 7 October 2008

Catch up

Most of my posts these days seem to have that title catch up.....Since Sunday afternoon i have been in bed sick. The boys have been fantastic and entertaining themselves with games and tv while letting me rest, I would get up to do meals and then go back to bed. Felling a bit better today but still not 100%. Hopefully tomorrow I will be feeling alot better and hopefully the boys wont get it.

Anyway with this horrible wet and windy weather its feeling a bit like winter again, but we had great weather for Stevens little birthday afternoon tea so that was great. So before school finished a letter from school saying the following came home

Dear Alison

Each year we get tickets given to the Annual Ten Pin Bowling Party, hosted by Epilepsy Foundation of N.Z.
We give these tickets to children and their families who may have faced adversity, or who need to go that extra mile to gain success in reaching their potential in learning.
I am pleased to select your child as a worthy recipient this year. We hope you and the family will enjoy celebrating with your child and that the date of the 4 October in the school holidays is convenient.

At first cause there was just 3 tickets i thought can i handle this by myself with both the boys and do i really want to go alone....party normally =balloons, lots of noise and people.....balloons, lots of noise and people = grumpy moody Steven,LOL. And the morning of the party i told Steven and Liam where we were going( I try not to tell new things to Steven too far ahead of time as it gives him too much time to get stressed about it) and we went online and I showed him some photos but he just kept saying I don't understand mum....so we went along and first thing was the clown standing at the door handing out balloons, but we manage to get in without too much fuss, they had sausages in bread and fizzy drinks for everyone and face painting and more clowns inside giving out lollies and more balloons but both the boys hid behind me when a clown got to close. BUT once Steven had his eyes set on the bowling balls he was happy with a smile going from ear to ear. And he had so much fun after waiting for nearly an hour for our turn he was so good and then he just wanted to get up there and roll the ball he not care too much if he hit the pins or not he just wanted the ball to be rolling,LOL. But in the end we all had a great day and I'm SO glad i braved the day by myself and had so much fun with my boys.



And just because I'm a mum and mums like to talk about when their kids do well I thoguth I would show the certificates both the boys got on the last day of school....well done boys I'm so proud of you both.

And I think I spy and wheres wally have moved in...this is all the goodies Steven got for his birthday and wow they just keep coming. he really loves the wheres wally stuff at the moment and we have found some great bargains on trade me...YAY for trade me.

Right I might go and crawl back into bed again...hopefully tomorrow I will have a bit of energy to do some scrapbooking.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that you've been sick, Alison ... and especially during the holidays! That's tough. But it sounds like your boys have been really good.

Glad they enjoyed the ten pin bowling afternoon, good on you for braving it and taking them both. Lots of fun!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon Alison. Thats pretty cool about the ten pin bowling. So glad that it worked out well. Well done to both your boys on those certificates that they bought home.

Anonymous said...

wow i love ten pin bowling.... glad it was a good time for you all, as for the certificates you must be SO proud.... as for you... get well asap.... so not nice when you aren't well.....

Anonymous said...

Congrats to both boys for their certificates - definitely a proud mumma moment.

So glad that everything went well for the 10 Pin bowling and as for clowns, theres a lot of kids around who don't like them, even Rebecca at 18! LOL

Hope you are feeling better today.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful that the 10pin bowling went so well, and was the treat it was meant to be!!YAY. sorry to hear you are not feeling well tho ... hope you get better soon.