Saturday, 18 April 2009

bit and pieces

I have been asked where I scrapbook now so thought I would show a couple of photos of my new scrapbooking area which is now in the lounge/dining area. I got the bookcase from the second hand shop. The plastic draws I have had for awhile which I got from the warehouse, I find them very handy as you can see with having so many of them. When having such a small area to work with I don't have that much stuff really and I think it looks quite tidy. I'm amazed when you at American scrapbooker's area/rooms and they have soooooo much stuff, like a mini shop really. I stand up when I scrapbook and this cupboard is the perfect height for me. When I need to sit down which I do every now and then I sit at the dining room table.


Because it is too late to get a nice photo of my layout I was working on today here is a small part of the layout....I love how these close up photos look so interesting showing the detail and texture of a layout....tomorrow I will share the whole layout.

A couple of photos that were taken when Steven was at kindy many years ago now. When I was changing rooms I found this frame so did this up for them. I LOVE black and white photos...look how little my guys were, Liam and his chubby little cheeks.

Liam's new room...look at all that space, I still have some sorting with the stuff on the shelves but he is happy to be in the biggest room of the house.

This is Stevens old room, not much room for a 8year old to play.

And his new room, he even keeps it pretty clean and is over the moon with the space.

And my new room,LOL I think I got ripped off. But at the end of the day I only sleep in my room so I don't need any space, the boys need space in their rooms. Its a shame the walls are so YELLOW and don't match my duvet cover at all, not to worry the landlord is back at the end of this year and I'm told he wants to paint so maybe I will have white walls.

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Must say am pretty impressed at how tidy you all are. Well done on the change around.

Time to relax said...

oh liams chubby cheeks are soooo cute and they both look so little lol

angelgurl said...

you have been a busy bee and it has paid off. When you have one boy who is now sleeping through all of that makes it worth it. Sounds like the new boys are thriving in thier new rooms. I am impressed with your scrap space, very organised and tidy.

Hannah said...

Well the boys' new rooms look great, plenty of room to play so I'm sure they will be thrilled. It's great that you have space for scrapbooking still, it's probably good to have it out in the living area so you can scrap anytime you get a few spare minutes!

Trace said...

What cute photo's of the boys allright - you so want to just give those little cheeks a squeeze lol!

topkatnz said...

Looking good there Alison ... I don't know how people stand up to scrap tho ... but everything does look very organised. Well done.

mummymoo said...

I am just looking at your post and some one small is shouting Bob Bed Bob Bed, I think he likes it LOL

Love the house, everything looks so great and tidy and I love your scrapping shelves etc, gee what a stash

Love love love love the frame of the boys you have done it is so beautiful !!!! Love it did I mention that LOL you are so clever xox