Wednesday, 13 August 2008

Whoo Hoot Wednesday

Another Wednesday rolls around.....the week seems to have gone quite fast and yet some days very slow. Thank you to everyone for their loving comments and thoughts for my friend and her family. Well my list is small this week and much the same as last week and I'm very very grateful for close friends who have endless support and of course for family.

Yesterday was not a good day and Steven ended up staying over night at his carer support persons place again. Not sure what is going on with him at the moment but things aren't good. He was good for her and we all got the time out we needed and today is another day....I didn't see him at school this morning as I normally will go and say hello to him when he stay away for the night, but I'm hoping he had a good day at school. He is back to his not doing any school work during school time and no homework and its so frustrating know that he is more than able to do it but he wont tell me or his teacher whats upsetting him and why he wont do it. on the plus side he is one of the top students for his times tables and that's great(he will be out smarting his mother in no time,LOL) and we have managed to get him to take care of all his belongings after school and pack away in his bag(as I type this I feel like I have typed it before so if I'm repeating myself I'm sorry...I may have already said this in an earlier post). As far as the school work goes i feel like we take one step forwards and then two steps back....very frustrating.

YAY for Liam who is happy for me to be leaving him at school by himself before the bell goes.....what a mission this has been and trying to encourage him to go and play with his friends. After a couple of weeks of tears most mornings when the bell went and i said i was going home now as long as he get to show me around his class, give me hug and kiss he's happy....YAY

Also big Congratulations to Janine and the birth of moo2 on the 8-8-08....now hows that for an easy birth date to remember. Big hugs to you and your family Janine

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thast great about Liam. Well done on Steven for being tops in his timetables and also looking after his belongings.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news about Liam - all those "little" steps add up to big adjustments for our wee boys!
Sorry to hear that things are a bit rough with Steven and his schoolwork - I hope they settle down for you both. But definitely good that you are focusing on the positives, such as him looking after his belongings (HUGE!! most kids are dreadful at this!!) and doing so well in Maths.

Trace said...

Alison, sorry to hear your having a rough time of it all at the moment. Although it feels like forever, things change and pass. Big hugs to you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Big congrats for Liam ... and good on you for not letting him get lost in your caring for Steven.

Anonymous said...

That sure is a big thing for Liam - good for him. Hopefully things will get back on track for Steven fairly quickly and good for him on doing so well with his times tables.

Anonymous said...

wow what a post... i hope that your boys settle down soon and that all that is going on for them sorts itself out.... hugs to you too.

Roo said...

Hey there, hope you and the boys are doing ok. Your boys are so lucky to have such a fantastic caring Mum.