Wednesday, 27 August 2008

Im Back.....

So I haven't been around much....there has been alot happening and alot not that great and I don't want this blog to be negative so decided to just not post. But I'm feeling better today, had our monthly Autism meeting which was great. I get such a great feeling being in a room full of mothers\grandparents/support people who understand what its like living with autism as part of your daily life. Every time i go along with this list of things in my head that I want to talk about and mention the good and the bad just to get it of my chest and hopefully get some answers as to how to get help to get through the bad parts....but then i start talking and then next thing you know the tears come flowing out, LOL.....and i say hardly any of what i wanted to say...but its good to know I'm with others that are understanding....and when I'm tired and feeling down I'm more emotional and tears come more often, here's hoping for more talking at the next meeting. I found this book-Making Peace With Autism of trade me so have got stuck into reading this and really enjoying it.

With Stevens birthday just around the corner I have been on the hunt for some presents for him and found these Wheres Wally books.

Cant remember if i have posted about the wheres wally puzzle I got of trade me(I love trade me so much such a great place to find bargins) ski slopes wheres wally now lives on our coffee table. And I must say Steven is getter faster and faster at putting this together but doesn't want it put away completely.

And when i got back from my autism meeting nothing like a parcel sitting on the front door step to give me a lift and look what was inside.....

A treat for me from me...as mothers we are allowed to treat ourselves ah????LOL...good glad you all say YES.
And to finish off a couple of layout that I have done...this first one i did just for the sake of creating a layout for Stevens album...it wasn't a challenge or sketch it was done just because I wanted to,LOL. Since doing this layout Steven has lost another tooth, just last night he was mucking around at bed time and said to me'I just need to do something in the bathroom okay mum' so off he went and I could see him looking in the mirror wiggling his tooth madly trying to get it out....about 10 minutes later he comes our and says'look my tooth just popped out' followed with'im so glad I will get another $2'. So the tooth fairy did come but between Steven going to sleep and the tooth fairy going to get the tooth the tooth is yet to be found as Steven took it out of the bag and has misplaced it somewhere( I hope he didn't swallow it or anything like that).

This was a challenge for over at the Sketch Book...I really do love how this layout came together. The challenge was to use pattern paper with dots/circles and to use circle embellishments. And what better photos to use than the ones of Steven spinning the wheels on this bath toys, one of his many addictions.

Had good talk with Steven teacher and he is doing so well at school, and she did some maths worksheets with him the other day and is quite amazed at what he is doing. he loves his times tables but is also great at most maths and is adding BIG numbers together in his head and giving answers...he really does amaze me some days. Liam has been off school all of this week and today on the way to school Steven just started to cry and when i asked him what was wrong he said he missed playing with Liam at school...aww he so sweet. Liam will be back at school tomorrow so it will be interesting to see if they play together or not. So there we are all updated.....see you all again in a few weeks, just kidding I will try and get back into blogging more often again and also commenting on every ones blogs.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you have been having a rough time.... hope the sun starts shining in both your life and our worlds some time soon.
As for the page maps book- you are so lucky!!!!! I wanted to get that too - love the idea of a treat- we should do this more often...
love your layouts too - great stuff

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back after all that has been going on. You are definitely allowed to treat yourself - the page maps book is great. I love trade me too and sounds like you have got great bargains.

Anonymous said...

I had been wondering if things were ok, as I'd noticed your blog had been quiet. Sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough ... but glad you are feeling better now. Good idea to treat yourself to that book, it's an awesome one and I'm sure you'll love it.
The layouts are great - good to see you're still scrapping in spite of everything.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that things have been a bit tougher than most days for you.Glad you're back.

Anonymous said...

welcome back to blogging, sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it. Its also great to scrap just cos layouts as well, no pressure, no deadlines just cos. enjoy the page map book, I just love mine and the cards are brillant, all woman need to treat themselves so well done on looking after you. Aww at Steven missing Liam at school so cute.

Trace said...

YES, YES, YES, Mum's are definitley allowed to treat themselves, actually it's a compulsory part of motherhood, and they're also allowed to stamp their feet and yell out 'lifes not fair' too. And then you get that little kiss on your cheek...and for a while all is well again...Take care you.