Monday, 8 September 2008

Day on the farm

So not alot has been happening other than my sister keeps asking me to up date my blog it's been a week I have been told, so here are some photos of the boys when we went out to visit my parents on Saturday.
I just love this photo of Steven with the lovely background and love that Steven is waving.

Then he is on the move again and ready to jump and move onto the next great adventure on the farm.

This photo of grandad Steven took which I thought he did a pretty good job as all of grandad is in the photo and its not blurred.

So the guys went for a walk on the back of the farm to find the roosters that a friend let go out there...so they took water and food for them...Liam wasn't too sure about them.

Steven seemed to enjoy them.

Next adventure was this slide that grandad created for them...Liam didn't go down it and to be honest i didn't blame him....Steven loved it.

Another Steven taken photo of grandad and Liam.

Scary...I recommend that mums not watch their kids go down home made slide on dirt hills.

But Steven had a great time and that's what matters.

And this is Master Liam who without me know climbed onto my bed with his blanket and went to sleep...Maybe I should give him my double bed and i have his single bed then he wont be able to climb into my bed,LOL.

Not alot of scrapbooking being done at the moment and i have decide that I'm going to give challenges a miss for a little while and get back into scrapbooking for me and not for challenges. i do enjoy the challenges and they are fun but im finding I just need to do scrapbooking when i want to with my own deadline, be it a day or a week to get a layout done...scrapbooking for fun.

Updated:I thoguth I would add that the photography is all done by Grandad and Steven....arent they great at taking scrapbooking photos for me lots of different angles and great shots, in total I think I have about 50 photos from our visit to the farm so lots of photos to scrapbook. I only took the terrible dark photo of liam sleeping in my bed,LOL.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's moments like that (homemade slides) that leave lasting childhood memories that city kids dont get to experience. What a great time they had. Great job on the photography. Scrapping for you and at your pace is good.

Anonymous said...

Great photos, sounds & looks like a fun time with Grandad! That slide is such a boy thing, mine would be right into that!!

There's no way I could keep up with so many challenges either (I just set half of them, LOL!), so I agree that sometimes you need to slow down and scrap for yourself.

Anonymous said...

wow - steep looking slide - no, best not to look!LOL! great photos - and the last - sooo cute - aw, they're lovely when they're asleep!

Trace said...

Great photos Alison. Scrapbooking is meant to be for you and for fun and so is blogging, so don't let that sister of yours get to bossy! (Tanya, stop picking on your sister LOL!)

Anonymous said...

whats the point of being the oldest twin if i cant be the bossey one lol...Trace if i can't pick on Ali I will have to pick on you then lol

Anonymous said...

Some great photos there to work with Alison - the boys really love the farm don't they. I agree with you on the challenges - sometimes it just gets a bit overwhelming and then its best to scrap just for you - "just cos"! LOL

Anonymous said...

love all the pics- looks like SO much fun!!!
especially love the chicken looking in the bag picture

Anonymous said...

I loved that slide...it's inspired me to do the same at our place as we've got a big piece of pipe laying around...thanks mate!

Anonymous said...

Great photos Alison, Looks like the boys are having heaps of fun. Great photos to scrap. Good on you for taking time out of challenges to scrap for you, just wish I could scrap anything..LOL!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love it alison and looks like the boys had a blast, I agree about the slide, I think I would be looking the other way too, I am learning that sometimes with boys it is easier just to look away LOL

Yay on scrapping when you feel like it to, so much more freeing that way :)

Love ya xox