Tuesday, 16 September 2008

Bits and pieces, catch up

What a lovely day nice to finally get some fine weather...nearly warm enough to get the 3/4pants and skirts out but not quite yet.

So Steven had last Friday of school, his teacher was away Thursday and Friday and after Thursday with a reliever which he has never had before and a male teacher too he was so stressed out and unhappy so I decided to keep him at home. We did some of his reading and he did some writing as well. I also noticed that when he wears his hooded tops he loves wear the hoods(he went through a stage of not liking anything on his head at all) but notice his right ear sticking out...Steven is deaf in his left ear so i figure this is why that ear is covered up and his right ear sticking out so he can still hear things,lol. And the photo is Steven and his groupings of coloured jacks he calls them. They belong with a set of straws that you connect up and make different things and Steven loves the connectors.

Layout i have done just because...not a challenge or sketch just one that i did to get another page done. Quite like how it came out

Okay so the story behind farm fun is that I really do hate this layout, it needs something else but I'm not sure what. So this is how the layout started and then i didn't like it and ripped the photos of it to start over again, but then i didn't like where that was going so for now the photos are back on this layout but I really don't like it and will re do it again at some stage, but thought I would share anyway...maybe someone has some ideas of what i can do to it

Also I got this little bundle of goodies in the post the other day from Vicki....a just cos envelope so a big thank you Vicki its nice getting that sort of mail and im really loving the swirls well I love the whole lot might have to invest in a machine like yours and have a play around(oneday,LOL).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay i know what it needs lol it needs you to stop being fussy haha it looks awesome how it is, i love the simple look of it...I personally would just leave it how it is cause its great how it is

Anonymous said...

Had to laught about the ear sticking out of the hoodie - warm head, but can still hear! Clever!

I think the layout is nice - it's simple, the photos are focal points, and I like the ghost title.

Lovely of Vicki to cut you those letters - very neat!

Anonymous said...

Love the camping buddies layout. Nice to get happy mail. As for the layout sometimes you just need to take a step back and think about what you like about the photos and what is the story that you want to tell. If its you just want to scrap the photos then leave it as it is. If there is a story, get the story down first and add that to your exsisting layout or use that as the starting point for your do over layout.

Anonymous said...

Ok - my advice for the layout is if you really don't like a layout, you prob never will - don't try and fix it - rip the photos off and start again. Your mention of the hoodie thing was funny - I have just done a layout of Mitchell 'living life in the hoodie'!! and yes, if it has a hood, it has to be up!!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just need to put it in the album and move on to the next one. I love scrapping just because as well.

Anonymous said...

hee hee about steven that is really smart !! Squeak HATES anything on his head sometimes even my hand !!

Your layout I am thinking journalling in pen below the title and what about distressing the edges a bit and roughing things up a little - it is amazing what a little roughness can do hee hee :)

like you I rip up layouts i hate but save the photos for another time, oh and also I hold my layouts upside down and infront of the mirror cause sometimes it helps to see things different weird I know, but it works :)

xoxox (cool to have you blogging again too)

Trace said...

What a lovely rural outlook you get from your backyard, that's got to be relaxing. In regards to the layout, I think the girls have given lots of good advice to think about and my two cents worth would be to get out a black pen and have a bit of fun - maybe a freehand border on the photos or around the page...or both...but have fun!