Monday, 2 February 2009

First layout

I honestly cant remember if this was my very first layout but it was one of the first layouts I ever did. I remember Steven was at home with his dad and I spent the day around at Tanya's place with Liam-he was about 8-9 months old at the time. Tanya and I spent the day scrapbooking. When I started I taught myself then I held a creative memories class at my place. So that's why even thought my first page there is colour and its not the white background like what creative memories teaches.

Another earlier page of mine which is the white background of Liam's first xmas.

Now these are the pages I do. This one I love with all the cutting out and I went through a stage of cutting out swirls and vines etc.....*note to self to finish this layout off*

And this one is one that I finished last night.....loving this one too and I wish all my layouts I could look at them and say there is nothing I would change about them...but I guess they cant be perfect all the time. Might have to display this one in my scrapbooking room for a little while before it gets hidden in an album.


So school is back tomorrow and while Liam is sort of looking forward to it, Steven is trying everything to get out of it. Yesterday he had a little sore on his foot and said oh well looks like I cant go to school if I cant walk....nice try buddy but you are so going to school kicking and screaming if need be. I do feel for him because I know and understand that first day of school is very unsettling for him and there are lots of new changes he has to get use to, but sadly this is just the part of life he HAS to learn to live with and deal with. But I have talked to the school today and they have organised a teacher aid to be with him all day tomorrow, so at least I can drop him off and know that if he is too unsettle there is someone there to help him and calm him down(fingers crossed).

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Love the then and now of your scrapbook pages. You have come a long way and of course with lots of new supplies and techniques added as well. LOL. Good luck to the boys for tomorrow and pleased to hear that you have got your teacher aid for Steven.

Anonymous said...

Very interesting to see your old and current layouts ...

Anonymous said...

It's always interesting to see the old & new, and how styles and products change.
Hope the boys both have a good day at school tomorrow. The first day back is always a bit of a mixture of excitement & nerves!

Anonymous said...

great.... isn't it funny to see all the CM pages... they look so similar... hope first week back to school goes well

Trace said...

It's amazing how much styles and tastes change with time...Did you know Craftee Creations out in Waiuku is shutting up shop? It closes on Friday the 13th but everything is going cheap...

Anonymous said...

Love to see where we have come from with our scrapping. Yours is looking great, I absolutely love the snail layout!
And I LOVE your header photo!!!

Sandra said...

Well I think your first layouts are great!

Love your work now too!

(Sandra from SSC)

Jessica said...

We sure do change over the years ... but the older pages aren't bad, they're just different :)